Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mushroom Curry Rice


Due to the fact that I have not yet bought a gas can for my stove top, I have recently been faced with the prospect of cooking things only IN the oven....  in answer to the question of "what is for dinner, and involves something other than salad or potato chips?", BEHOLD my glorious masterpiece of flavor.  Who could have imagined how easy it was to cook rice in the oven?!.....  

I love portobello mushrooms, and they are ever so delicious with root-vegetable accompaniment like potatoes and jerusalem artichokes (which bear no resemblance to regular artichokes, but actually taste similar when cooked).  A handful of added golden raisins is excitingly weird (in a tasty way).  Powdered madras curry and cloves make this a winter dish that will warm you up from inside out.  A very satisfying rice dish, which I serve smothered in Tehina and Amba sauce, naturally.


Mushroom Curry Rice
טעים החרה הזה.

3 med white potatoes, peeled and chopped roughly
2-3 med pieces jlem artichoke, peeled and chopped roughly
2 med portobello mushrooms, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup golden raisins

place all above ingredients into a large baking dish with a lid.

season with:
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp madras curry
1 tsp himalayan salt
2 tbsp Flaxseed oil
1 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos

I added 1 1/2 cups of rice and 3 3/4 cups of water.  I find that the 1:2.5 ratio of rice to water works best.  But perhaps you have experimented for yourself and come to other conclusions based on experience...

Cook at 165 celsius / 325 fahrenheit
For approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
I like slow~cooking things:}
enjoy!

best friends fo~eva




No comments:

Post a Comment